The groups that meet at St Barnabas are many and varied. Wherever you are with God there is a group for you. There are a whole range of children’s groups from Tiddly-tots to Ethos. There are also a number of house groups that meet during the week. And there are other groups with special talents, such as the Choir and the flower arrangers.
For young people
- A group of young mothers and carers who meet for a chat and coffee/tea.
- Somewhere safe for pre-school children to play together.
- We meet Monday mornigns during term time from 10:00-12:00 in the church meeting room.
- We are pleased to welcome new members.
Ethos (school year 8 and above)
- For Young People in Year 8 or above.
- Do you want to find out more about what Christians believe?
- Find out more about what the Bible has to say about some of the BIG issues in life?
- We meet at the church hall and use a variety of media to guide discussion.
- Every Sunday during term-time from 7.45pm to 9.00pm.
For the creative
The music team
The team consist of a group of musicians at the church who help to lead the worship for each service on a rota basis. There are keyboard players, and woodwind instrumentalists, together with guitarists.
The group is always looking for more people who really want to lead people in worship and praise God through music. If this is something that you would like to do then contact Sarah
This is an occasional group, coming together to lead singing in our worship for special events (such as Easter) or simply because it’s been a while since they were together!
There is also a young choir ‘Encouragers’. Some of our younger members form a group that works alongside the music team for joint and special services. No previous experience necessary, just a bucket load of enthusiasm!
Our flower arranging team produces wonderful floral displays for the church.
- Coffee and conversation; Good company, chat or listen, with or without your knitting/sewing/hobby. Greetings cards to make or buy, and entertainment!
- Every third Wednesday at 10:30 AM for 2 hours
- Stay for lunch afterwards.
- Every third Wednesday at 12:30
- With soup, bread and cheese followed by a choice of desserts.
- In the summer months we have a picnic style buffet.
- All very welcome and lifts can be arranged whenever possible.
- Our housegroups are an important part of our church life. Smaller groups of people meet in each others’ homes to study the Bible together, share thoughts and experiences, pray together and enjoy each others’ company.
- The role of housegroups cannot be underestimated in helping us to grow in our faith and share our faith. They allow people to explore the Christian faith and apply it to their lives in far more detail than the Sunday services sometimes allow.
- Tuesday morning
- Tuesday evening
- Wednesday evening
Pastoral Care team
- Would you like someone to talk to, someone who will listen and allow you to talk through your problems and not force advice on you?
- Would you like someone to visit you in hospital, or at home?
- Would you like someone to help you with shopping, transport or other small tasks in your home?
- Do you know someone who is lonely and would like a visit or is in need of help with practical tasks?